Saturday, February 6, 2010

A song I learnt in Bali

Our tour guide, Alit asked me teach him a mandarin song entitled "The Moon Represents My Heart" in mandarin which is " Yue liang dai biao wo De xing".He said this song is very popular.So we wrote down the romanised lyrics for him.He also requested for the song "Lao Shu Ai Da Mi", in English which translates " Mouse Loves Big Rice". Alit wanted to learn these two songs so that he could entertain his future chinese clients who come to Bali.

In return, I asked him to teach me a Balinese song. The title of this song is"MEONG MEONG"
Here it is:

MEONG-MEONG, ALIH JE BIKULE
BIKUL GEDE-GEDE
BUIN MOKOH MOKOH
KERENG PESAN NGARUSUHIN

Which translated in Bahasa Indonesia goes:

Hai Kucing, Tolong Tangkap itu Tikus
Tikusnya Besar-besar
Lagi Sangat Gemuk
Seringkali Bikin Ribut

Alit said this song is sang while the mothers cradle the baby or young children to sleep, which is a lullaby.

No comments: